Please use the form located here to send us your nominations.
Our nominations committee welcomes your input.
Before sending us your nominations, please read the nomination criteria listed below.
They are excerpted from Connecticut Women's Basketball Hall of Fame's CONSTITUTION.
Qualification for induction into the C.W.B.H.O.F. shall be as follows:
- Eligibility shall be based on the athletic achievements or athletic contributions of the individual.
- Induction Categories:
- A High School Player
- Can be nominated at any time beginning five years after graduation; and
- Must have graduated from a Connecticut high school.
- A High School Coach
- Must have been a head coach for a minimum of 10 years at the high school level in Connecticut.
- College Player(s): To ensure divisional representation there are two categories: (A) Large Division (B) Medium/Small Division
- Can be nominated at any time beginning five years after completion of college eligibility; and,
- Must have completed college eligibility at a Connecticut college or university, or a Connecticut high school graduate who has completed her eligibility at an out-of-state college or university.
- A College Coach:
- Must have been a Connecticut college coach for 5 years or more and must have coached for a total of 10 years in a Connecticut high school/college.
- Must have officiated basketball for a minimum of 10 years in Connecticut; and,
- Must have officiated at the high school or collegiate championship level (excluded from this stipulation are those who officiated prior to 1974 when there were no championships).
- An Honorary Nominee:
- Must have demonstrated extraordinary dedication to and support of Connecticut high school or collegiate women’s basketball; or,
- Made significant contributions to the development or advancement of Connecticut girls and women’s athletic programs in a school, college, amateur, industrial, or recreational setting.
- Selection to the CWBHOF:
- All categories need not be filled annually.
- Selection shall be made on the basis of satisfying the criteria and demonstrating integrity, sportsmanship, character and contribution to Connecticut girls and women’s basketball.
- More than one person may be selected in any calendar year in each category.
- No more than seven (7) new inductees will be selected per calendar year.
- A person may be inducted under only one category.
- Nominations for Selection of Inductees:
- All new nominations must be received by the Chairperson of the Nominating Committee by the first Monday in October.
- The Nominating Committee shall meet in May to review new and past nominations and shall determine which nominees, if any, meet the criteria to be recommended to the Board of Directors for selection into the Hall of Fame.
- To be recommended to the Board of Directors, a nominee must receive at least two-thirds vote of the Nominating Committee.
- To be selected, a nominee must be approved by two-thirds of the Board of Directors.
- Nominated individuals shall remain among the active nominees for the duration of the Hall of Fame.